Tuesday 1 April 2014

Lightweight Wallets-Keeping You Safe From Pickpockets

Slim Wallet
The original roots of the modern-day wallet lie around the 1950’s, when the early credit cards were introduced. Folding, velcro closure wallets came into use in the 1970’s. The pocket-sized wallets that found great acceptance at that time are popular today as well. A wallet is one of the important accessories that we use. As we step out of our homes, it is one of the essentials that we carry.

Like most people, I never paid much attention to the wallet I used. I’d buy anything that looked good, without giving a second thought to its functionality and safety features. However, a lot changed when I lost my wallet while traveling on the subway!

I didn’t even notice and my good-old wallet was gone. I’m sure anyone who has gone through such an experience can understand how awful it can be! Frantic calls, blocking of cards, informing employer about my lost ID... it was a whole lot of unnecessary hassles that I had to go through, just because of an uncanny pickpocket! Worst of all, there was no way to track the $100 bills.

A friend of mine shared her own experience of losing a wallet and we realized that a practical solution to this problem would be to take extra safety measures when out in the crowd. Toning down our wallet was another idea that struck us. I just use 1-2 credit cards on a regular basis. My work ID and driver's license are another set of essentials. They could easily fit into a slim wallet. Also, I resolved never to carry bills worth more than $20-$30 in my wallet. I decided to buy one of those new and trendy lightweight wallets.

The next question in my mind was, where to find the best compact wallet. I began by searching online while I was at work. I found thousands of slim wallets online, and I kept wondering why I was using the traditional, folding wallet for so long! There was such a huge collection of these minimalistic wallets online. I narrowed down my search to front pocket wallets made out of neoprene and silicone.

The reason why lightweight wallets made of neoprene caught my attention was that such wallets were waterproof and sweat resistant. The website listing them said that when used with a silicone outer band, such wallets could even float on the water’s surface, keeping all contents dry and safe. The clear images on the website made these wallets appear so sleek, but the notes about them said that they could easily hold up to a dozen cards easily. Now all of this information indicated that they were one of the best wallets available. In fact, I felt that these could also be the best unisex light weight traveling wallets.

While surfing through the retailer website, I also saw that these unique wallets were available in attractive colors. I felt this was a nice change from the tan and black colored wallets that are usually sold all across America! I ordered 4 of these wallets in different colors. A safe and simple online payment was followed by an order confirmation. My package was delivered to me in less than a week!

Receiving these wallets at my doorstep was akin to receiving a gift to myself! I found them to be just the kind of wallets I was looking for. I could comfortably stack my required essentials into the wallet. Moreover, the compact design meant that I could keep the wallet in my front pocket, safe from pickpockets! I have been using this new slim wallet for a couple of months now. I would recommend them to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment